MOROCCO, 3rd OFFSHORING DESTINATION IN AFRICA
This strategic plan has proved to be effective, as shown by figures, since the sector achieved an export turnover of 10 billion dirhams (~1 billion US dollars).
KEY CUSTOMER MARKETS
ECOSYSTEMS WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Customer care management through call centers
- Processes and trades including those related to information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Engineering and R&D,as well as activities requiring sectorial expertise and specific knowledge
CONNECTED OFFSHORING ENVIRONMENT
To reach this ambitious goal, the industry provides ICT and offshoring players with many advantages that reference them on supplier lists of foreign contractors:
- Free zones and dedicated offshoring platforms such as Technolopolis, Casa Nearshore, Fès Shore, Oujda Technopole and Tétouan Shore.
- Commercial and free trade agreements with more than 100
- Only African country having a free trade agreement with the United States
- 19 international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export including the port of Tanger Med which is connected to 186 ports worldwid.
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers, and a rail network of 2200 kilometers with the 1st High Speed Train in Africa.
- Unprecedented tax incentives for corporates with free trade zone status
- A training program adapted to the needs of the offshoring industry with a government contribution that could reach 6700 dollars (~65000 dirhams) per person
- An aid system for recurrent training and hiring
- The « Call Académie » program intended to meet the training needs of call centers, including the French language and customer care
to Tanger Med
the EU, NAFTA and the AfCFTA
MAIN EXPORT PLAYERS
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services