MOROCCO, PHARMERGING COUNTRY
MOROCCO: AFRICAN PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORY
This dynamics has been combined with the development of biomedical research, the increase of drug supplies at a good price, and the improvement of logistics for the exportation of pharmaceutical products manufactured in the country.
The African continent currently produces only 3% of its drug consumption, and thus imports 95% of its needs. In this context, Morocco is considered a « real Pharmerging » as its pharmaceutical industry is in the process of making a huge breakthrough in the African market.
Africa 28th worldwide (WEF)
RELOCATION PLATFORM FOR PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTION
- Medical devices
- A pharmaceutical production in line with European and American quality standards
- A potential to generate a trade surplus of around 790 million dollars (~7.6 billion dirhams)
- The adoption of a new medicines and pharmaceutics law providing for the liberalisation of the capital stock of pharmaceutical corporations
- The ecosystems are in the process of creating 5000 new direct jobs in the sector
- A great production capacity estimated at 350 million units per 8 hour-shift
- Free trade zones and integrated industrial platforms dedicated to the pharmaceutical production
- Government support at the implementation phase
- Considerable customs, real estate and administrative facilitations
- Unprecedented tax incentives for corporates with free trade zone status
- 19 international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers
- 1st High Speed Train in Africa.
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services