RENEWABLE ENERGY ATTRACTIVENESS INDEX: MOROCCO NUMBER 1 IN AFRICA
INDUSTRY DRIVEN BY RENEWABLE ENERGY AND KEY SECTORS IN MOROCCO
Morocco aspires to become a platform for production and export to Europe and other continents. To achieve this goal, Morocco exported around 5 Billion Dollars (~48 Billion DH) in 2018 as the result of exporting electronic conductors, switchboards, cabinets and combinations of similar products, and other devices for servicing, connecting, and wiring electrical circuits.
Africa 28th worldwide (WEF)
CORE OF RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Wires and cables
- Electrical distribution and control equipment
- Measurement and control instruments
- Batteries and accumulators
- Lighting equipment
- Machinery, transformers and generators
- Consumer Electronics: Upstream Components, Brown Products, White Products.
- Integrated Specialized Electronics: Industrial, onboard and medical electronics.
st country in Africa according to Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) – Ernst& Young (EY) 2019
- Achievable target of increasing the country’s production capacity to 2 GW by 2020 thanks to Noor project
- Annual wind energy capacity exceeding 787 MW
- A national hydropower potential 3800 MW
- Subsidies and financing aids
- Dedicated free trade zones and integrated industrial platforms
- Government support at the implementation phase
- Unprecedented tax incentives for companies with Free Trade Zone Status
- Aids for the training and qualification of human resources
international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export, including the port of Tanger Med which is connected to 186 ports worldwide.
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers
- 1 st High Speed Train in Africa.
Wires and cables
Electrical distribution and control equipment
Measurement and control instruments
Batteries and accumulators
Machinery, transformers and generators
MAIN EXPORT PLAYERS
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services