MECHANICAL AND METALLURGICAL INDUSTRY, PILLAR OF MULTISECTORIAL EXPORT
KEY CUSTOMER MARKETS
WELL-STRUCTURED SUB-SECTORS TO DEVELOP EXPORTS
- The development of boiler making, deep-drawing and stamping activities through the use of metals including copper and aluminum,
- The position of Morocco as an African hub for agricultural machines supply and assembly,
- The introduction of new business segments for the production of bicycles, and the reorientation of metals and their wastes towards application markets such as aeronautics and car making,
- Ship building and railway construction.
MECHANICAL INDUSTRY STRENGHTENED BY ALL SECTORS
It is one of the most promising markets for exporters operating in various sectors thanks to:
- Commercial and free trade agreements with more than 100
- Only African country having a free trade agreement with the United States
international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export including the port of Tanger Med which is connected to 186 ports worldwid.
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers, and a rail network of 2200 kilometers with the 1st High Speed Train in Africa.
- Free zones and dedicated offshore platforms
- Customs and administrative facilitations
- Support programs for exporters
to Tanger Med
in the EU, NAFTA and the AfCFTA
MAIN EXPORT PLAYERS
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services