LEATHER, CONSISTENTLY EXPANDING INDUSTRY
There are about 300 industrial units operating in the sector including 61 tanneries and the exports are estimated at 2.8 billion dirhams (~ 285 million US dollars).
KEY CUSTOMER MARKETS
LEATHER INDUSTRY, FROM CRAFTSMANSHIP TO INNOVATION
- Parts of footwear,
- Tanned leather and hides,
- Bags, trunks and various leather articles for consumption and industrial equipment.
Leather goods and clothes
Tannery & Tawery
PLATFORM FOR REFINED DEVELOPMENT
- Berrechid industrial park, with a capacity of hosting up to 180
companies on 61
- Aïen Cheggag industrial zone, with a water treatment plant
- Casa City Shoes, for non-polluting industries
- Souss-Massa free zone
- Commercial and free trade agreements with more than 100
- Only African country having a free trade agreement with the United States
international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export including the port of Tanger Med which is connected to 186 ports worldwide.
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers, and a rail network of 2200 kilometers with the 1st High Speed Train in Africa..
to Tanger Med
in the EU, NAFTA and the AfCFTA
MAIN EXPORT PLAYERS
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services