CHEMICAL AND PARACHEMICAL INDUSTRY, THIRD EXPORTING SECTOR IN MOROCCO
Morocco is therefore the 1st world exporter of phosphates and the leading exporter of fertilizers in Africa with a market share of nearly 58%, with exports of 43.4 billion dirhams (~$4.42 billion) for phosphates and its derivatives..
KEY CUSTOMER MARKETS
GLOBAL MASTODONTE AND STRONG SUB-SECTORS
- Mineral and chemical fertilizers,
- Chemical products,
- Beauty products, perfumes and low cost cosmetics,
- Technical paints and common glues,
- Aromatic plant extracts, natural dyes and organic cosmetics.
OCP ecosystem (Phosphates)
RESPONSIVE ENVIRONMENT TO INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Real estate at competitive prices, of which 39.6
ha are reserved for the "Organic Chemistry" ecosystem and 60
ha for the "Green Chemistry" ecosystem.
- Free zones and integrated industrial platforms dedicated to chemical and parachemical production
- Government support for companies’ incorporation as well as customs and administrative facilitation
- New tax incentives for companies with Free Zone Status.
- Commercial and free trade agreements with more than 100 countries
- Only African country having a free trade agreement with the United States
international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export including the port of Tanger Med which is connected tot 186 ports worldwide.
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers, and a rail network of 2200 kilometers with the 1st High Speed Train in Africa.
to Tanger Med
in the EU, NAFTA and the AfCFTA
MAIN EXPORT PLAYERS
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services