AGRI-FOOD INDUSTRY, 3RD EXPORTING SECTOR IN MOROCCO
As the second largest exporting sector in the Kingdom, agri-food industry exports more than 32 billion Dirhams (~ 3.26 billion US dollars). It contributes to more than 25% of the Kingdom's industrial GDP.
KEY CUSTOMER MARKETS
INDUSTRIAL FOOD PROCESSING SECTORS
- Processed vegetables,
- Plant residues and animal food,
- Vegetable oils and fats.
Pasta and couscous
Biscuit, Chocolate and Confectionery Industries
Valorization of citruses , fruits and vegetables
AGRI-FOOD, GLOBALISED INDUSTRY
- Commercial and free trade agreements with more than 100 countries.
- Only African country having a free trade agreement with the United States
- 7.8 Million hectares of agricultural land (12.5% of the total area of the country).
- 19.5 ha dedicated to Tangier Free Zone
- Increased irrigation capacity of + 288% in 10 years.
- Meknes Agropolis
- Agadir Haliopolis
- Berkane Agropolis
- Atlantic Free Zone of Kenitra
- Tangier Free Zone
- Beni-Mellal Agropolis
- Boujdour Industrial Zone
- Tax, customs and administrative facilitations
- Support programs for exporters
- 19 international airports throughout the Kingdom
- 14 ports with cutting-edge infrastructures dedicated to trade and export including the port of Tanger Med which is connected tot 186 ports worldwide.
- Motorway network of over 1800 kilometers, and a rail network of 2200 kilometers with the 1st High Speed Train in Africa.
in the EU, NAFTA and the AfCFTA
MAIN EXPORT PLAYERS
Morocco’s Investment and Export Development Agency services